10 random reasons I love my cats
- I always have something to clean up so my vacuum never gets lazy!
- My kitties keep my doctors in business because I’m actually slightly allergic to them and think they cause my sinus infections. For the record, it’s the dust/dander, not the cat.
- There is NOTHING sweeter than having my kitty sitting/purring on my chest.
- I get practice with conflict resolution when they smack each other around. Sadly, I generally just yell at them--I think I need more practice.
- I save money on electric blankets by getting them to sit on my feet or lap.
- I always have someone to snuggle. Best of all, even if Newton doesn’t want to be, he tolerates snuggles!
- Even though I have to clean up their poo, unlike dogs, I don’t have to watch them poo and pretend like I don’t know what is going on.
- I don’t have to take them out for walks. In fact, Newton, while curious, won’t go outside. Yeah, I’m lazy.
- It is beyond awesome to have a welcoming committee when I walk in the door! Newton and I have races to the front door every day when my husband comes home too.
- I get lots of exercise chasing the kitties around in attempts to catch them to administer snuggles.
|Newton making use of my laptop bag|
My meetup today went wonderfully! Only one person showed up, but we really hit it off, meaning it was a success. I can’t wait to schedule more! We had kabob and talked for a couple of hours--my idea of a good time. She lives near an ikea, so I see a trips in our future.
Oh my goodness--we leave for vacation on FRIDAY! I’m really excited! Some people might think that taking a vacation to visit your in-laws doesn’t sound like fun, but they (obviously) don’t have the coolest in-laws in the world like moi! I’m really fortunate to have gotten such a great new family with a great new husband. Okay, enough gushing.
In other news, I found my gym! I settled on Planet Fitness since they have the cardio machines I like, are close, and the atmosphere seems really nice. They pride themselves in the no judgement environment and not catering to the typical gym rat/bodybuilder type that generally make big girls feel seriously uncomfortable. I own an elliptical, but I can’t wait to use an arc trainer again. One of their membership s that they offer includes a guest membership (you can bring a guest with you each time). How cool is that?