Saturday, November 20, 2010

Leaving My Lily


When I met you, you hadn’t been walking very long.  You didn’t talk, or really have opinions and didn’t have much hair.  You were damn cute though!  You couldn’t reach the railing on the stairs, and went down on your butt.  You too two naps, and most of your food was pureed.  Kiddo–we’ve come a long way.
Now you run, jump, skip, hop and dance like a mad woman.  You like ‘Dor’ (Dora) and ‘Sesama!’ (Sesame).  You can speak in complete sentences, even if you still can’t pronouce all your letters correctly.  All colors are blue or yellow (no matter what color they really are).  We have an elaborate nap time ritual that includes, monkey, pacifier, silky blanket, various other blankets, a sound machine and your favorite songs.  I love doing it all, but I have to admit that it is easier when you just fall asleep in the car.
You are so smart!  You realized that we couldn’t understand you, so you decided that talking was in your best interest.  What we didn’t realize is that you would start with sentences!  You know where we go in the car, and point things out to me.  You are best friends with my cousin which has allowed me to spend more time with her family getting to know them.  You know where your dad works, where we go to class, where the sheep play, Newton (my cat) lives, and exactly where all the cows reside between my house and yours.  You demand your music by name, and love bopping along.
You give the best snuggles in the world, and make me smile every day.  Babe, I’m going to miss you more than words can discribe.  I will keep in touch, especially because you are going to be the best big sister in the world! I know that it will never be the same, but I won’t forget all of the fun times we have had together.  Thank you for being my ‘Lil Bean.

3 comments:

  1. I’m so sorry you have to leave your Lily Bean, baby. But I think we’ll be seeing her from time to time. And one day, instead of you babysitting her, she’ll be babysitting for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet tribute to your BFF! She will cherish and appreciate this some day when she can read. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and promise to read all of them! If you have a problem posting just email me at eileenkward at gmail dot com