Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blog Swap #9, Meet Michele from Stories at my fingertips


Welcome to this year's 20 something bloggers blog swap! I can't wait to share Michele's entry with you. To read about my summer, hop on over:
http://www.storiesatmyfingertips.com/






Hello everyone! I'm Michele from Stories at my fingertips. I'm so excited to blog swap with Eileen here and also very excited to "meet" all of you as well! My Summer this year has really been the best one as of yet. I did so many new as well as exciting things and would like to share my Summer with you.

The first thing that I would like to start off with about my Summer is the weather! I live in Birmingham, AL and let me just talk a bit about how incredibly HOT & humid it gets down here. Though I do love living in the south with the lovely joys of sweet iced tea, fire fly catching at night in the mountain air, and fishing at yours, mine, and our neighbors...I wish the days were much kinder[read: COOLER!] Some days I don't even want to step outside during the hottest time of the day. This is also the time of year that I appreciate air conditioning and ceiling fans the most! Now, I hate to start off talking about my Summer negatively, but all in all...despite the humidity and hot sun, Summers here are still my favorite and as you read on, you'll understand why. :)

The first part of my Summer I actually spent traveling, which is one of my favorite things to do! Z[my boyfriend] and I went to visit my Aunt and her family in Denver, CO. Back to the weather talk, can I just say that I am in loooooove with Colorado weather?! I promise it seemed as if the weather was p-e-r-f-e-c-t everyday while we were there. Also while in CO, Z and I were able to embrace the Rocky Mountains, see part of my beautiful family, and we even went to the Coors Factory! Definitely one of the highlights of my Summer.

As I mentioned earlier, I also went fishing at a close friend's large pond. Our view was breathtaking! Right behind the pond were colossal mountains that just made me want to stand there and stare dreamingly at them until the sun went down. Well, to be quite honest...we were out there until the sun set because it was just a delight to be out there. We were literally almost in the middle of no where. There was no sound other than the water rippling, laughter from our company, and the whisper of the soft breeze. It was an extremely peaceful moment to go fishing out there and I hope to go again soon!

Back to traveling, I'm am originally from upstate South Carolina and this Summer I went to visit my family a few times, which is not much different from any month actually. The drive of 5-6 hours is not that bad after it's your 50th or so trip[minus the Atlanta traffic!]. Also, it is always definitely worth the because being with my family is such a joy. We always have great food, sweet company, and endless laughter. I love seeing my little sisters and meeting up with old friends. South Carolina will always have my heart.

This Summer, my boyfriend and I have also become more cautious about our exercise and health. I really love that we're working out and supporting each other during this new found goal in our lives. We currently use the Lose It app on our iPhones to distantly keep track of each other's progress. It's so much fun! I love being able to text him and be excited that I lost 2lbs or that I didn't eat any carbs that day. It might sound silly, but wanting to be heatlhy together and actually taking the initaitive to do so has definitely brought him and I closer together.

Who doesn't love a good yard sale? Well, luckily this year we were able to attend the World's Longest Yard Sale! It actually starts in Gadsden, AL and runs all the way to Michigan! Can you say, "WOW!" It was definitely an interesting experience. When I first heard of it, I didn't expect beautiful vintage toys and priceless cameras...but it looked as if everyone had hidden treasures. I know that next year, I will definitely bring more cash so that I can bring more goodies home.

I will have to admit that a lot of my Summer weekends were spent in Gadsden, AL. This is the city where my boyfriend is originally from. It is a quaint and charming little town about an hour or less from where I currently live. Neat fact, this is also where parts of Failure to Launch was filmed too! Yes....Matthew Mcconaughey & Sarah Jessica Parker where there! Back to my subject..haha, Birmingham can get so crowded sometimes with bundles of people going out and about on the weekends, so I really enjoy going to Gadsden on the weekends as a get away.
Well, that's my Summer guys! A lot of running around, enjoying the present, and discovering new adventures. Though I can say that this has been a really busy & fun Summer for me, I am really excited for Fall weather! Who's with me?!? Thank you all so much for reading about my Summer and also getting to know a little bit about me. I hope my mini novel did not hurt your eyes.
Please do come by www.storiesatmyfingertips.com and say HELLO! I would love to get to know you as well.


Thanks Michelle! This was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and promise to read all of them! If you have a problem posting just email me at eileenkward at gmail dot com