Thursday, December 30, 2010

No more narcotics!!!

Yeyyyyyyyyy!!!!  I actually stopped taking them when my husband witnessed how miserable they were making me, and told me I should try to only take tylenol.  I ran out of the liquid stuff this morning and can swallow the pills, so it looks like I'm done with the liquid medication too.  I'm praying that this is it, and that I am FINALLY recovering.
I'm still not eating much but I ate some tortellini and I'm eating some soft cookies.

I am seriously considering trying the new weight watchers.  I'm not really interested in meetings and weekly torture sessions, I mean weigh-ins.  I however am very interested in getting my portion control back in check, getting the gym (when I'm allowed) and cooking healthy food for both my husband and I. I love baking, sometimes too much, and want to focus on healthy eating, not sugary starchy things.

My grandmother visited today! She was visiting her inlaws about 90 miles away and drove down to visit me for a couple of hours. I hadn't seen her in awhile, so I was really excited to see her.  We sat and talked about life, family, how much I look like my cousin's daughter at her age, and baking.  She's been building a house for years with her husband, and we used Google map so that we could see her land and where they are building.

Thats about it for now...my throat hurts and I talked and did more today than I have since I had the surgery. I think crashing on the couch would be a lovely idea now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

1 comment:

  1. I love to bake too, but when i got on a baking craze i have been known to gain like 20 pounds from all of the cheesecakes, cookies, and lemon bars (and other things) i like to bake. So, i had to stop doing it, only on special occasions. anyway, i want to some day own a bakery so i can bake and other people can eat it. glad you are feeling better and off of the crap that made you feel bad!

    amberlashell.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and promise to read all of them! If you have a problem posting just email me at eileenkward at gmail dot com