Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My day in pictures.

I had such an awesome time today! I woke up early, had breakfast, showered and headed over to visit my friend Eric.  After watching Megamind (hilarious!) and catching up I headed over to see my friend Sophia.  Eric and I have been friends ever since he started talking to me his freshman year in band class. I quit band, since I was getting tortured daily by this girl behind me (and oh yeah, private lessons actually taught me something) but I kept Eric.  Good  choices on my part. 
She requests that I write about how much I totally love her. Sophia--I LOVE YOU (and you are awesome)!
Now that that is out of the way, Soph is like my sister. In fact, I call her that frequently. She is awesome, fun and hilarious. She's 8 years younger than me, so when I graduated from high school I handed down my locker shelves that my dad made.   As we were leaving the middle school one woman asked if I wanted to join the PTA. I told her that I would have to have been eight years old to be Sophia's mom, and we walked out.  Nice to know that I can look mature occasionally, right? Either that or it speaks to how young some parents look. 


Picture time! People seem to love the pictures, and unless I run out of space on here I will continue to post copious quantities of them. 


First to Eric's house! 

Eric attempting to remove a dog from my lap

there are 3 dogs there all sniffling each other and attempting to sit in my lap.  The small dogs weren't bad, but that big dog is HUGE (like 250lbs).  Yes, one of the dogs is licking my chest (hence my laughing so hard)

When I arrived we were chipper and awake (mostly)

When I was younger my dad took me to this Chinese Buffet.  I felt this need to find it again to have lunch with Sophia. It isn't in as good of shape as it was 10 years ago, but the food was still yummy.  The wallpaper however, garish beyond all description, so of course I had to take a picture!
Yummy...
 Next we went to the mall where we walked around for awhile. On Monday I start water aerobics and I needed a swimsuit which we quickly found.  Basically I sent her out to get anything in my size, and then she told me which one she liked best. It worked well for me!
After seeking 'nourishing liquid' (in the form of Starbucks Frappachinos) we were getting tired and then saw...a Brookstone! I love Brookstone and I love the man there named Gary who hooked us up in these awesome massage chairs for 15 minute massages (he would have let us stay longer but we didn't want to hog the awesomeness).
relaxing 

I was captured

We saw this guy walking around with this odd thing on his head. It is a head massager.  Sophia gets migraines, and immediately fell in love with this device. Find it here!
It's experience, but man it works!

We each got a pillow too so we could get a sale and split the cost.  I finally got my memory foam pillow. I love it! We actually hung out on the tempurpedic beds in the back for awhile trying out all of the pillows.

My dorm room sure as heck wasn't this big!! Plus she's got a sink, and a bathroom across the hall. I'm a bit jealous. 

At the end of the day, we were tired but happy!
If anyone noticed that my shirt changed half way through the day, it was because the first thing I did when I got to my friend's dorm was buy a school t-shirt. It is so soft, and I'll advertise.  


Thank you my wonderful friends for a great day! Next my mom and I head back to my parents house so my dad and I can play with records.  Want to know what I'm talking about? Check back in a couple of days for details.

2 comments:

  1. Brookstone is such a neat store! Love the pictures, looks and sounds like your having so much fun. Can't wait til you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I would love if you emailed me some of our photos...they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and promise to read all of them! If you have a problem posting just email me at eileenkward at gmail dot com