Monday, January 10, 2011

depression and new hulu discovery

Depression is a disease. A heart wrenching disease that can eat you from your soul out.  Today someone very close to me, once again, has been admitted to a mental hospital to deal with their depression.  I live by taking medicine, but what happens when your mind constantly plays tricks on you, and medicine doesn’t work? How do you live with that constantly, daily? It is with me always in the back of my mind, that fear that medicine won’t work, and that medicine that helps me live, helps me survive. I realized after college that I didn’t plan for the future, didn’t have goals because I didn’t think that I would live long enough to achieve them.  This is what depression did to me, and I hate that I can’t help, or change anything.  I hope to write more about this topic in the future, but I don't want to betray anyone's privacy in doing so, so please excuse any cryptic writing. I needed to vent bit on the topic though.

On another note,  I am supposed to go out to WV to visit friend’s on Wednesday, but we still aren’t sure of the stupid weather.  I don’t mind driving with a couple of inches of snow, but it could get a lot worse than that in the mountains, which worries me. I start my yoga class on Wednesday which is exciting. I've never taken a 'real' yoga class, but I've had some books in the past, and done it on my wii. I have always been pretty flexible, and been told that I'd be good at yoga. I am a little worried, since I haven't been able to exercise since I've had surgery but I'm sure I'll get back into the groove of things quickly.

I found another show on hulu that seems to have addictive qualities called ‘The Cape.’  The premise of the show is very Batmanesque,  with a one man crusade to better a fictional town (Palm City)after being wrongly accused of being a super villain.  After being taken in by a criminal carnival (oh yeah!) he hones his skills .  It is designed after a comic book that the main character had read to his son.  He picked the cape because he wants to send a message to his son that he is innocent.  So far there are two episodes for free on hulu--check it out, and tell me what you think.

I have a line on a potential guest blogger, so I hope to have that up soon!

1 comment:

  1. Depression is a motherfucker. I don't even take pills anymore, because it seems like the side effects can be worse than the depression itself. It always gets worse in the winter, too. I've had it since high school.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and promise to read all of them! If you have a problem posting just email me at eileenkward at gmail dot com