What I don't want:
- Another Dell! Maybe there is something wrong with me, but my last two computers have been Dell's, and the mouse always skips on me, and it drives me insane.
- crappy speakers that I have to supplement with other speakers, it seems kind of counter productive.
- A computer that gets too hot! I don't need burned legs, or my couch set on fire. HP's are known apparently for getting super hot, but I seem to like them.
What I do want:
- integrated webcam/mic so that I can skype
- easy to use keyboard (I have to test them to see if they are comfortable)
- capable of playing a MMO (I'd like to get into Everquest again...)
- long lasting battery (over 3 hrs preferably)
- not terribly heavy
- DVD/CD player, burner
- able to watch hulu/netflix and the such, meaning it isn't too small of a screen (15'' seems to work for me)
- decent speakers!
- cuteness is a plus (purple would be awesome) but NOT a necessity. I was so excited to see a purple Sony, and very sad to see that it cost $50 to get it that way. I can live with a boring looking computer.
My husband is a computer guru, and we'll do some consumer reports shopping, and testing again at Best Buy again, but I would love to get people's opinions!