Friday, January 14, 2011

National Delurker Day!

(picture borrowed from www.roninoone.com)


Today is apparently National Delurker Day! I decided that it would be an excellent time to figure out who all these people from random countries like Russia, Denmark and Canada are.  All you have to do is leave a comment, and let me know that you are a real person and not a spambot!

I have no desire to blog as a semi secret journal to myself. I tried that, and it was boring. I want to blog to start a dialog with people, both new and old.  Blogging can be a transformative experience, a cathartic one, or just simply fun. it is all dependent on what you decide to write about.  I love the opportunity to touch other people with my words--it is what I always wanted when I was younger and wrote so much.

Being a 'stay at home' wife isn't as boring as I thought it would be.  Frankly, there is also so much stuff to be done, and so much crappy reality TV to watch and blankets to crochet that so far I'm not bored;).  I'll do a post about my crocheting next.   I'm psyched that my hubby is getting off of work early today and we can go out and do a 'date night!'

My husband loves to read to me. It is a wonderful and intimate (and informative) time that we can share together and learn together.  Our current book is The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.  I only read some of it when I was a kid, and it is so much fun to try to solve the crime before the other person.  We jokingly 'deduce' all of the time now.  I downloaded it for free from Amazon for my kindle.  Here is a link (and picture!)


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and promise to read all of them! If you have a problem posting just email me at eileenkward at gmail dot com