Saturday, February 19, 2011

Back to life....back to humanity

Last night my fever finally broke and I began to feel a little more human.  Apparently the wind affected a lot of people last night/today and it too affected us.  Our power went out...again.  I am seriously getting sick of our power going out. This time it was only out all day. At least it wasn't as cold as last time!

When we were looking at houses, we had this jerk Realtor tell us if we wanted a place with a garden tub, that we would never use it, and it would just collect dust.  I bet if we'd been looking at a house WITH one, he wouldn't have said that...I would like to say, for the record, that we totally use our awesome tub.  Anyone else find that they get more done when the power is off, cause I do.  Last time our power was out, I cleaned my entire house and re-organized my room.  This time my husband and I took a bath (in that tub we supposedly don't use), and get lots of reading done. We are more than half way through Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 2).  After our hard work bathing and reading, we took a nap. Yes, very stressful day.  After all that difficulty and our lights still not being restored, we went to dinner. Luckily when we returned, the power was back so hubby could play his video game.   Overall, a pretty good day now that I'm feeling better.

Jewelry Update
Today I finally checked the mail and found a beautiful card from Sara over at http://strandupdate.blogspot.com/ thanking me for her earrings. That totally made my day--thank's Sara! 

This week:
Yoga! I've got 3 classes to make up at this point, since I was sick the last two weeks
Make more Jewelry since I'm actually out of product.  When I have stuff, I would like to start an etsy store.
meetup--I have people in my group! I'm so psyched. Call me pessimistic, but I wasn't sure people would like or come to my meetup.  If you are interested, join us at www.meetup.com/happy-housewives.
Language homework--my friend is helping teach me Pashto with all it's 40 letters! Maybe I should have stuck to Spanish. I would ideally like to be able to read Arabic, Farsi and Pashto.  Right now I can 'read' but it is realllllllly slow.  Practice, practice, and more practice!

What are you up to this weekend/week?  Any plans for this three day weekend? I am looking forward to getting our bookcases put together!  When they are, I'll put pictures up, since I finally charged my camera battery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and promise to read all of them! If you have a problem posting just email me at eileenkward at gmail dot com